Normal side effects you may experience
- Injection site pain
- Injection site swelling
- Injection site redness
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Feeling unwell
- Swollen lymph nodes
Call your provider if
- Normal side effects listed above last for more than 72 hours
- You have had exposure to someone with a diagnosed COVID-19 infection
- You are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (listed below, not considered a normal side effect)
SYMPTOMS of COVID-19 Infection include fever, chills, cough, stuffy nose, headache, shortness of breath, chest tightness, sore throat, lack of smell or taste, severe fatigue/exhaustion, muscle pain, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting.
Please note-you cannot get COVID-19 infection from the vaccine, however you can contract COVID-19 infection through normal community exposure.
Symptoms/side effects you should seek immediate medical care
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your face and throat
- A fast heartbeat
- A bad rash all over your body
- Dizziness and weakness
You should receive the second dose of the PfizerBioNtechCOVID-19 vaccine no earlier than 21 days, and for Moderna no earlier than 28 days after your first dose. The Jannsen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine is a one dose vaccine. Please schedule your second appointment in MyChart to reserve your spot. If you do not have MyChart or if you need assistance scheduling call (608) 720-5055.