To support social distancing efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19, we are evaluating all patient care appointments and procedures to determine which ones can safely be postponed. Any decisions made about changes or postponements of appointments or procedures will be communicated directly to patients.
Changes in Hours or Services
UW Health Primary Care Locations
UW Health primary care clinic locations are being consolidated to accommodate patients who have urgent medical needs that require in-person care, while at the same time supporting social distancing goals to limit exposure and slow spread of the disease in our community. Please review the list of clinics
UW Health Behavioral Health Clinics
All behavioral health, substance abuse, and psychiatry care locations are being consolidated to Wisconsin Psychiatry Institute & Clinics (WisPIC), 6001 Research Park Boulevard in Madison. Read more
OrthoCare Now, located at UW Health at The American Center, has closed all in-clinic office appointments. The clinic staff will not be scheduling any new appointments or accepting any walk-ins.
Providers, staff and patients can contact OrthoCare Now at (608) 440-6500 during the business hours of 8am to 5pm for triage assistance.
For consults needed after hours:
- Providers and staff can contact the Access Center at (608) 263-3260
- Patients should use Urgent Care or the Emergency Room
- Patients with life-and limb-threatening injuries, should call 911
American Family Children’s Hospital Safety Center
- Closed until further notice
Customer Service/Billing, Financial Counseling and Release of Information
Face-to-face visits temporarily suspended at the following offices:
- University Hospital
- American Family Children’s Hospital
- 1 S. Park
- UW Health at The American Center
- Administrative Offices Building
- 8501 Excelsior Drive
Patients can access billing consultation and financial counseling services through MyChart or by telephone at (877) 565-0505.
Health Information Management team will not be taking walk-in requests for records at the 8501 Excelsior Drive location. Please use the following options to reach us to provide services to you:
UW Health Ophthalmology Clinics
Ophthalmology clinics at 780 Regent Street (Madison Eye Associates), 451 Junction Road (West Clinic), 5249 E. Terrace Dr (East Eye Clinic) and 2349 Deming Way (Deming Way Eye Clinic) will be closed.
All patient appointments will occur at:
University Station Clinic
2880 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53705
Patients with questions can call (608) 263-7171
UW Health Optical Shops
- Closed to walk-ins through April 10
UW Health Pharmacy Locations
Mail-order services available. Please review hours and services for specific locations
Chartwell Midwest Wisconsin, Chartwell Health Home Medical Equipment and CareWear
Home visits will continue, face-to-face visits are suspended at:
- 2030 Pinehurst Drive, Middleton
- 5249 East Terrace Drive, Madison (UW East Clinic)
UW Health Sports Performance, Fitness Center and Center for Wellness Locations
- UW Health Sports Medicine Fitness Center and Aquatics Center is closed and classes are canceled until April 30.
- All UW Health Center for Wellness winter session classes and Aquatic Center activities are suspended.
- UW Health Sports Performance programming is suspended.
Event and Class Program Cancellations
At this time, we are aware of the following cancellations and closures. Please note this list may not be comprehensive as information changes frequently:
- EEC offerings of American Heart Association courses (BLS, ACLS, PALS) and Emergency Nurses Association courses (TNCC, ENPC) are temporarily paused. We intend to resume classes on Monday, May 11, 2020
- Stroke Support Group meeting at UnityPoint-Meriter – April 1
- Moving Forward: Introduction to Parkinson’s Disease – April 13
- Stroke Support Group Meeting at UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital – April 15
- Free Oral Cancer Screening – April 17
- Exploring Vocal Gender Affirmation – April 18
- Healthy Women Community Talk: Break Free From Pelvic Disorders – April 30
- Sports Medicine Symposium – April 30-May 1