University Hospital and UW Health at The American Center are implementing enhanced visitor guidelines are part of UW Health’s ongoing efforts to protect the health and wellbeing of our patients, staff and care providers as we navigate the COVID-19 situation .
Visitor/Primary Support Guidelines
- University Hospital, UW Health at The American Center, UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital
- No inpatient visitors will be allowed, except for healthcare decision makers and visitors of end-of-life patients
- No visitors for clinic appointments
- Exception: One support person can accompany a cognitively disabled or physically impaired patient
- American Family Children’s Hospital (including pediatrics specialty clinics, surgical and inpatient units)
- Allowed: Two primary support persons per patient at one time (in room or in building)
- Not allowed:
- Patient siblings
- Family members in operating room suites. American Family Children’s Hospital care teams will work with families accordingly.
* Healthcare decision makers, support persons and visitors of end-of-life patients who are currently experiencing or recently experienced any acute respiratory symptoms, such as a cough or shortness of breath, are not permitted.
- Most volunteer services have been discontinued until further notice. Select volunteer services will continue and those assisting with these services will be contacted.